<  Chit-Chat  ~  Fight the power!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
So my work (the General Manager specifically) is trying to get me to shave my newly grown beard.

In accordance to company dresscode I grew it on vacation. It is neatly trimmed and already longer than some people at that company who've had beards for a very long time. But regardless I still get a call on my day off mind you, requesting that I shave it off.

I refused.

I said "I don't see why I should. Unless the dresscode changes."

So...expect an unemployment post soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Hmmmm....

*thwaps you* You could grow it back after you've joined the Feds you fool!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
No. I refuse. I like my beard! I've never had one before and it feels great to finally grow one! I'm a 25 year old man for Christ's sake!

Besides, there are TONS of people who have them there, I'm being singled out. Soo...I'll sit back, document the conversations via e-mail, and if they fire me even though I'm in compliance w/ dresscode policy I'll just sue.

Petey, I may need a lawyer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Erm.... where you live Jamesey? VA? Is it an at will employment state? Or do they have to actually have cause to fire you there? NY they could fire you cuz they don't like the color of your shirt. Course they'd have to pay unemployment, but.......

Th'aint no fundamental right to wear a bear, unless of course you say you are rastafarian or a Sikh or some weird Jewish sect or something. Then you can couch your obstinance in the sanctity of protected religious beliefs.

Offline Profile